Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bio of a Metabolic Warrior: Diane

Two years ago a pretty blonde woman with a quick smile and bright eyes popped into one of our Metabolic Trainings. Her enthusiasm was apparent. We had caught her on the verge of running the Sedona Half Marathon so the next time we saw her was across a crowd of people as she walked up to the podium to accept her award for placing in the half marathon. Very exciting! The next time she came to the training she brought her husband with her! They gave 100% and led the way for many other wife/husband teams of Metabolicers! We have seen Diane transform into a strong runner and a strong woman! Diane is the only participant that can legitimately gain a growing stomach while working out...for the past 9 months she has pushed for two (with her Dr.'s approval) and is as strong as ever. We are wondering if this baby will come out doing pushups?! This is our interview with Diane.


How old are you? 31

What is your current career? Teacher, 6th, 7th/8th science.

What is your history with fitness? I have been running since middle school. I typically run 3 times a week, 5-6 miles. During my pregnancy I have slowed to jogging a couple of miles. I also enjoy training for half marathons, and have done one full.

What expected benefits have you gained from Metabolic? I feel stronger, more energized and can see muscle definition.

What unexpected benefits have you gained from Metabolic? I have always been a runner, but it was not until Metabolic that I truly felt like I would call myself an athlete.  Also, I was amazed at how much it improved my running.

What keeps you going or inspires you with Metabolic/Smart Fitness? The sense of community and the trainers. A feeling of pride and accomplishment.

What hurdles have you had to overcome to succeed in consistently attending Metabolic? Being pregnant has certainly made continuing Metabolic more difficult but I also feel it is why I have had such a wonderfully smooth pregnancy-healthy mom, healthy baby!

How do you successfully manage to make fitness a priority 2x's a week or more? Fitness is an integral part of my life.  You come to love it and need it. It's harder to miss Metabolic than it is to go because I know I miss out when I am not there.

How has working with Smart Fitness impacted your life, point of view and/or changed your outlook on fitness? I used to think cardio was the only way to stay healthy.  Boy was I wrong. Smart Fitness has shown me how important it is to switch up your routine and include strength training. I used to think lifting weights was just for men.  How silly is that.  Smart Fitness has taught me that strength is healthy and beautiful!

What message do you want to share with the reader as a take away from your story? Fitness is not a fad, it's a way of life. Don't be afraid to try something new.  You never know what you're capable of until you try and that is what I love about this program.  You are always trying and conquering a new challenge.

As we go to publish this blog we are within two weeks of welcoming the first  Metabolic Warrior participant baby! We can't help but be excited and we have no doubt that we will continue to see Diane right up to the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment