Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bio of a Warrior: Scott E.

Perhaps you recognize this Metabolic Warrior? Many of our superheros have gone on to successful careers doing what they love...flying around in spandex, climbing buildings in spandex, moving at lightening speed in spandex and oh yeah, there is the one guy who chose to wear 'cutoffs' instead, he has a little anger management problem but generally does okay by the general public.  Some of you are already wearing spandex, you are well on your way.
Scott E. became a Metabolic Warrior 4 years ago this month.  He is an original member.   Scott's dedication to his health and fitness makes him our next bio highlight. Our interview with him follows...

-Scott Etchberger, Human Resource Aficionado and former Hershey's Manager (yes as in chocolate). Still loves Hershey's chocolate...psst...he still visits there too so you might want to buddy up to him.:)

Age-53 years old 

Fitness History- High School Sports. Continued to use gyms wherever I worked or lived.

Why did you choose Metabolic SMART FITNESS? I wanted more structure and guidance in my fitness routine. 

What benefits have you gained? I have increased my strength, stamina and lost weight. Annual medical checkups have gone from borderline problems to great health. Good cholesterol counts and blood pressure are just a couple. I have also met great people and formed new friendships (Jackie rocks!). I have the power of a healthy mindset. I believe I am a Metabolic Warrior and it has helped me push through health scares.

What keeps you going with your Metabolic Fitness? My trainers' overwhelming knowledge and expertise regarding a healthy lifestyle. Also, the variety of exercises you come up with all of the time in all aspects of my fitness routine-metabolic, RIP training, and specialized workouts in the gym.

What hurdles have you had to overcome to succeed in your fitness? Reminding myself that results do not happen overnight but they will happen with steady and consistent dedication.

Outside of Metabolic you do gym workouts, some running, obstacle course workouts and dog walking. What keeps you motivated to stay so active? I remind myself of what can happen if I don't make it a priority.

What message would you like to share with our readers? I like the person I have become (psst...does he mean Superman?) because of Smart Fitness. They have helped me change the way I look and feel about myself, it doesn't get better than that! Don't just think outside the box when it comes to your health and fitness lifestyle.  Get rid of the box and Smart Fitness will help you do that!

Thank you Scott for your words of encouragement and more so for your stellar example of an active lifestyle!

1 comment: