Saturday, July 14, 2012

White Water Fears

Wednesday July 11, 2012
White water what?! Rafting! Wild River Raft Company outfits us in some 'snug as a bug in a rug' life preservers and helmets. Brad is our guide and he is funny. I have been rafting once, in Yellowstone...but that is not enough to make my nightmares of flying out of the raft into the freezing Middle Flathead River go away. So it is with much apprehension that I ride the short bus (with helmet and life preserver on) to the drop in point...meanwhile Sherry is all smiles. Turns out it is pretty stinkin fun! We are told that we are visiting at the best time for rafting.  The water has dropped enough from the winter runoff to create some amazing rapids. So here is where some serious metabolic pays off! We powered through some tough stuff but most important in my book is that we kept the raft upright! Dave takes a huge hit for the team when he takes a rapid head on, he shoots straight up and then back down into my lap. All good. We end the adventure with lunch in Glacier Park at Lake McDonald.
the reward for facing my fears? Huckleberry beer!

Lake McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment